Welcome to the home page of the Cadence Users Group at University of Massachusetts Amherst. UMass-Amherst is a participant in the University Software Program of Cadence design systems. The Cadence suite of EDA software is managed and distributed by ECS, the Engineering Computing Services at UMass-Amherst. These tools are for use by faculty, staff, and students affiliated with the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department as part of course-work and/or academic research.
Courses using Cadence
Research Groups using Cadence
· Advanced VLSI Design and Testing Lab (led by Prof Sandip Kundu)
· VLSI Circuits and Systems Group (led by Prof Wayne Burleson)
· Reconfigurable Computing Group (led by Prof Russell Tessier)
· Laboratory for Microwave and Millimeterwave Devices and Applications (led by Prof R. W. Jackson)
· Center for Biological Systems and Signal Processing (led by Prof. Paul Siqueira, Adj. Prof. Dev Gupta)
· Center for Wireless Communication (led by Prof. Dennis Goeckel, Adj. Prof. Dev Gupta)
· RF Nanoelectronics (led by Prof. J. Bardin)
· Biomedical Electronics Laboratory (led by Prof. Christopher Salthouse)
· Microwave Remote Sensing Laboratory (led by Profs. Steve Frasier and Paul Siqueira)
with Affiliated Research
· Joseph C. Bardin, Assistant Professor. Expertise: RF/AMS CMOS and SiGe BiCMOS design, low-noise circuits, adaptive RF circuits, device modeling.
· Wayne Burleson, Professor. Expertise: VLSI Circuit Design (Variation, Noise, Interconnects, Clocking and Power), VLSI Architectures for DSP, Cryptography, Graphics, Embedded Security (RFID, PUF, TRNG, Side-channels, Payment Systems, Transportation, Medical Devices), Adaptive Systems on Chip and VLSI Signal Processing
· Dev V. Gupta, Adjunct Professor. Expertise: Analog CMOS design, Signal Processing, Communication Theory, Broadband Systems.
· Robert W. Jackson, Professor. Expertise: Microwave Integrated Circuits, Integrated Antennas, Microwave Engineering
· Sandip Kundu, Professor. Expertise: VLSI Circuit Design & Test, CAD for VLSI Circuit Design & Test, High Performance Circuit Design, Design of Resilient Computing Systems.
· Andras C. Moritz, CMOS/nanoscale fabrics, Placement, Layout and Routing
· Christopher D. Salthouse, Assistant Professor. Expertise: Analog and Mixed Signal CMOS design, micro-power, biomedical, instrumentation.
· Paul Siqueira, Associate Professor. Expertise: Microwave and Millimeterwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Remote Sensing and Remote Sensing Systems
· Russell Tessier, Associate Professor. Expertise: Field Programmable Gate Arrays, Embedded Systems, Network-on-Chip, On-chip Monitoring, Reconfigurable Computing
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Massachusetts Amherst
100 Natural Resources Rd.
201 Marcus Hall
Amherst, MA 01003
"Information is provided 'as is' without warranty or guarantee of any kind. No statement is made and no attempt has been made to examine the information, either with respect to operability, origin, authorship, or otherwise. Any attempt to use this information is at your own risk---we recommend using it on a copy of your data to be sure you understand what it does and under what conditions. Keep your master intact until you are personally satisfied with the use of this information within your environment."
Cadence is a registered trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc., 2655 Seely Avenue, San Jose , CA 95134
Last Updated on: 05/30/2011